This is the perfect transport option for the Three Capes Track, or if you would like to spend the day exploring the UNESCO World-heritage listed Port Arthur Historic Site.
The timing of our bus means you'll have over six hours to explore the Port Arthur Historic Site at your leisure. Your site entry ticket to Port Arthur Historic Site includes:
- access to more than 30 historic buildings, ruins, restored houses, heritage gardens and walking trails
- entry to the Port Arthur Gallery, which includes interactive exhibits and displays that tell the story of Port Arthur
- 20 minute harbour cruise
- a new self-guided Port Arthur Audio Experience which can be downloaded to your own mobile device as a podcast
- complimentary site talks by expert guides and specialist staff at key locations throughout the day - every day. You might like to check the website each morning to see what site talks are on offer - https://www.portarthur.org.au/what-do-do/today
Hobart to Port Arthur Bus
7.30am check in at Pennicott Wilderness Journeys, Hobart
7.45am departure from Pennicott Wilderness Journeys, Hobart.
8.30am pickup at Hobart Airport (prior arrangement only)
Drop off at Port Arthur Historic Site is between 9.30am and 10.00am
If you are arranging a pickup from Hobart Airport, please be aware that our Hobart-Port Arthur Bus operates on a timetable and we cannot wait past 8:30am in the event of flight delays or cancellations. If this occurs, we will provide you with a full refund of your bus fare. A taxi or Uber from the airport to Port Arthur is usually between $160-$225.
Port Arthur to Hobart Bus
4.45pm departure from Port Arthur Historic Site
6.15pm drop off at Hobart Airport
Bus will arrive back in Hobart between 6.30pm and 7.00pm for drop off at Pennicott Wilderness Journeys
Our Flexible Cancellation Policy
If you book directly with us, we have a very flexible cancellation policy:
- No cancellation fees if you need to cancel due to COVID right up to the time of departure. This includes if you are unwell or if you have to change your travel plans due to flight changes or travel restrictions. We will happily move your booking to another day or provide you with a full refund. Please note you need to advise us prior to departure so that we have an opportunity to re-sell the seats.
- For non-COVID related cancellations our normal cancellation policy applies. We reserve the right to charge 100% for cancellations within 24 hours of departure. Bookings are fully flexible up to 24 hours prior to the tour departure.
All Bookings are subject to our Terms and Conditions. Please note that if you book through a third-party website or travel agent, they each impose their own cancellation policies and restrictions.